8th Jan 1935
This is an advertising slogan postmark used to promote the Baden-Baden Casino, the inscription reads "Baden-Baden Spielbank ganzjährig geöffnet" - 'Baden-Baden Casino open all year round'.
1. Slogan Postmark "Baden-Baden Spielbank ganzjährig geöffnet" with Baden-Baden City / date cancel.
13th Jan 1935
On 13th Jan 1935, the people of the Saarland voted by almost 91% to be returned to Germany.
1. Special slogan postmark "Heute Volksabstimmung im Saargebiet" - 'Saar plebiscite today'. This slogan postmark was only used for an hour on the day of the vote, a Sunday.
2. Special slogan postmark "Deutsch ist die Saar" - 'The Saar is German'.
23rd Mar to 5th May 1935
The inscription for this slogan postmark reads "Das Under des lebens Ausstellung am Kaiserdamm" - 'The miracle of life exhibition at the Kaiserdamm".
THE MIRACLE of LIFE EXHIBITION
Special postmark advertising 'The Miracle of Life' Exhibition in Berlin from 23rd Mar to 5th May 1935.
The Kaiserdamm is a 50m wide road that runs for 1.6Km in the Charlottenburg district of Berlin.
25th Apr to 1st May 1935
INTERNATIONAL FILM CONGRESS
Special postmark advertising the International Film Congress held in Berlin from 25th Apr to 1st May 1935.
1st and 2nd Jun 1935
This special postmark was used from 31st May until 2nd Jun 1935 and commemorates the 50th Anniversary of the Braunschweig Stamp Collectors Group. It is inscribed "35 Ringtag | 25. Sammlertag | 1885 - 1935 | 50 Jahre Verein | Braunschw.Briefmarkensammler e.V."
50th ANNIV BRAUNSCHWEIG
1. Special Postmark
In addition to the postmark there were several Commemorative Postcards issued in line with the celebrations.
1st to 10th Jun 1935
11th INTERNATIONAL SPRING RIDING TOURNAMENT
1. Special Postmark for the 11th International Spring Riding Tournament in Aachen.
21st Jun 1935
(Schütz, Bach and Handel)
1. Special slogan postmark "Reichs Bach Fest Leipzig 16-24 Juni 1935".
2. Special slogan postmark "Deutsche Bach-Hӓndel-Schütz feier 1935".
3. Special slogan postmark "Deutsche Bach-Hӓndel-Schütz feier 1935. Jurchgefühut von der Reichsmufissammer".
Leipzig's first Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) festival was held in 1904 and continued on an irregular basis thereafter under various names. During the Third Reich period the Nazi's politicised the festival and attempted to raise Bach to the status of national hero. The 1935 event, the "22nd German Bach Festival" was held at the Gewandhaus. As well as performances of music by Bach and associated composers, the festivals usually included a musicological conference. The festivals were held at first triennially, then biennially, and since 1920 annually (with interruptions to the series during the two World Wars). More information can be found Here
23rd Jun 1935
(International Philatelic Exhibition)
1. Special Postmark "KÖNIGSBERG (PR) OSTROPA - JNT-POSTWERTZ-AUSSTELLUNG VOM 23.JUNI-3.JULI 1935"
2. Special Postmark "KÖNIGSBERG (PR) - GROSSES MOOSBRUCH - OSTROPA 1935 30.6.35 SCHIFFSPOST".
3. Special Postmark "KÖNIGSBERG (PR) - CRANZ-ROSSITTEN SCHIFFSPOST - OSTROPA 27.6.35".
1. Special Slogan. "INTERNATIONALE POSTWERTZEICHEN AUSSTELLUNG OPSTROPA 1935. KÖNIGSBERG PR 23.6:3.7"
2. Special Slogan. "OSTROPA 1935 - INTERNAT POSTWERT - ZEICHEN AUSSTELLUNG KÖNIGSBERG PR 23.6.37"
10th Jul 1935
100th ANNIV of GERMAN RAILWAYS
1. Special Postmark "100 JAHRE DEUTSCHE EISENBAHNEN - NURNBERG 2 - REICHSBAHN AUSSTELLUNG 1935"
25th Jul 1935
WORLD JAMBOREE of HITLER YOUTH
1. Special Postmark "KUHLMUHLE Uber WITTSTOCK(DOSEE) Deutschlandlager 1935" - 25.7.35"
2. Slogan Postmark "SONDERPOSTAMT KONIGSDORF BAD TOLZ. 12.7.36"
29th Jul 1935
This is a political slogan postmark used by the National Socialist Culture Community. The inscription reads "Alle Staats-und Privaftheatre für jedermann durch die N.S Kulturgemeinde" - 'All state and private theatre for anyone by the N.S Cultural Community'.
NATIONAL SOCIALIST CULTURE COMMUNITY
Political postmark from the N.S Culture Community with standard "BERLIN 29.7.35" city / date cancel.
24th to 25th Aug 1935
Slogan postmark inscribed "Besucht das treffend S.A Brigade 86 (Schwaben)" - 'Visit the S.A Brigade 86'.
VISIT of 86th S.A BRIGADE
1. Special Postmark for the 86th S.A Brigade Open Day.
30th Aug 1935
7th NÜRNBERG PARTY RALLY
1. Special postmark - "REICHSPARTEITAG NÜRNBERG N.S.D.A.P". Dated between 10th-16th September 1935
2. Slogan Postmark "REICHSPARTEITAG N.S.D.A.P in NÜRNBERG vorm 10 bis 16 Sept 1935"
16th Oct 1935
The Hansaposta Stamp Exhibition was held in Hamburg from 12th to 20th October 1935. There were also two official postcards printed to commemorate this exhibition.
Special postmark "Hansaposta Exhibition" Hamburg.
18th Oct 1935
This is a generic slogan postmark used to encourage people to use Airmail.
Generic postmark "Benutzt die Luftpost" with "MANNHEIM 18.10.35" standard city / date cancel.
25th Nov 1935
4th WINTER OLYMPICS
1. Special postmark - "GARMISCH-PARTINKIRCHEN IV Olympische Winterspiele 1936", with Alpine scene.
2. Special postmark - "GARMISCH-PARTINKIRCHEN IV Olympische Winterspiele 1936" with additional "PRESSPOSTAMP" and no Alpine scene.
3. Special postmark - "WINTER OLYMPIA 1936 - GARMISCH-PARTINKIRCHEN"
1. Slogan postmark - "WINTER OLYMPIA 1936 GARMISCH-PARTINKIRCHEN", with Alpine scene.
2. Slogan postmark - "Olympische Winterspfetz 6-16.2.1936 Garmisch-Partenkirchen" and Alpine scene.
3. Slogan postmark - "Olympische Winterspiele 6-16.2.1936 Garmisch-Partenkirchen" and Alpine scene.